Seattle, WA (OBBeC) - Rosetta Biosoftware, a provider of science informatics solutions, has announced that the Rosetta Syllego system version 2.0, its system for genetic studies, is now available. The newest version has been designed to create even more opportunities for researchers to see their work impact patient care.
According to the company, the Syllego system addresses common obstacles faced by genetic researchers that prevent them from from effectively translating research findings into clinical practice. These obstacles include: working with non-standardized study data from multiple platforms, accessing and implementing the most appropriate analysis method, and sharing and publishing data so that collaboration between the appropriate, distinct groups and organizations can take place.
The Syllego system provides a solution that brings together the technologies and people to solve problems and spur on the interaction between research and clinical practice.
"We've worked closely with our customers to understand these challenges, and our goal was to develop a system that bridges the gaps and stimulates the connection between research and clinical practice by allowing scientists to choose the best technologies to answer questions and by developing a system that brings all data, key users, and functional areas together," said Yelena Shevelenko, General Manager of Rosetta Biosoftware. Version 2.0 has been enhanced with an expanded set of data analysis tools and the option to use server-side processing.
Furthermore, the new system ships with an expanded set of Syllego analysis workflows for association tests available from PLINK1,2. The following tests are included in these workflows:
- Population based association tests: Basic case/control, Fisher’s Exact test, stratified
- analysis, quantitative trait interaction, linear/logistic regression, and set based test;
- Family based association tests: TDT, DFAM, QFAM;
- Haplotype association tests: Case/control association and family based association;
- Allows users to build own custom Syllego analysis workflows to take advantage of third-party applications such as R;
- Download additional workflows for third-party applications such as Allegro and MERLIN
- from the Syllego system Support Web site3 as they become available.
- Exchange Syllego analysis workflows among collaborators.
The new system also introduces a new enhanced user interface that lets users reorganize your workspace display with ease. Version 2.0 will be showcased at the Ninth Annual Beyond Genome conference in San Francisco, California, June 8-11, and via a series of three Rosetta Biosoftware-hosted Webinars, starting on June 12th.