Santa Clara, CA (Scicasts) – Agilent Technologies has unveiled ADS 2012, the next major release of its Advanced Design System (ADS) flagship RF and microwave EDA platform.
According to the Company, ADS 2012 delivers new capabilities that improve productivity and efficiency for all applications it supports, as well as breakthrough technologies applicable to GaAs, GaN and silicon RF power-amplifier multichip module design.
ADS 2012 features a number of new user interface enhancements designed to improve design efficiency and productivity. Dockable windows, for example, enable users to quickly access frequently used dialogue boxes, such as component information and layer visibility in layout. New component search and net navigator functions make it easy to work with larger designs, and a new archive/un-archive utility makes sharing designs and workspaces easier.
Two ADS DesignGuides have also been updated. The ADS Load Pull DesignGuide now offers mismatch simulation to indicate device or amplifier sensitivity to load VSWR or phase angle. The Amplifier DesignGuide features extensive updates that make it easy to see amplifier performance at a specific output power or a specific amount of gain compression.
Other new breakthroughs for RF power amplifier design in ADS 2012 include:
- Unparalleled integration with EMPro that enables 3-D EM components to be saved as database cells for use directly in ADS.
- A new ADS electro-thermal simulator based on a full 3-D thermal solver natively integrated into ADS, which incorporates dynamic temperature effects to improve accuracy in "thermally aware" circuit simulation results.
- Multichip module electromagnetic (EM) simulation setup and Finite Element Method simulation of different technologies to analyze EM interactions between ICs and interconnects, wire bond and flip-chip solder bumps in typical multichip RF power amplifier modules.
- Model support for Agilent's new artificial neural network-based NeuroFET model (extracted by Agilent's IC-CAP device modelling software) to enable more accurate FET modelling and simulation results (e.g., for high-power GaN FET amplifiers).
ADS 2012 Webcasts
To complement the ADS 2012 software release, Agilent is also announcing a series of webcasts designed to demonstrate its new technologies and applications. These webcasts include:
- Integrated Electro-Thermal Solution Delivers Thermally Aware Circuit Simulation - Live broadcast Oct. 4
- RF Power Amplifier Design Series: Part 4 - RF Module Design using Amalfi CMOS PA - Live broadcast Nov. 15
- RF Power Amplifier Design Series: Part 5 - Envelope Tracking and Simulation Analysis - Live broadcast Dec. 13
- IC, Laminate, Package Multi-Technology PA Module Design Methodology - On demand
- Power Amplifier Design with X-Parameters* Power Transistor Models - On demand
Agilent invites customers to join the ADS 2012 beta program. Currently supported Agilent customers interested in the new ADS 2012 technologies, applications and capabilities should contact their local applications engineer or field sales person for more information.